- Should you experience difficulties with your product, please contact the Technical Support group for troubleshooting. In the event that Technical Support determines that your product is defective, you should return to your original point of purchase to have them RMA the product on your behalf. If that is not possible, you may proceed directly with Matrox.
If you wish to contact the RMA department, please address your inquiry to the following email alias based on your location:
- All Matrox products come with a product-specific warranty period.
- The warranty starts at the date of purchase from Matrox or from an authorized Matrox reseller. During the service process, you may be asked to provide a proof of purchase listing the serial number for Matrox to validate your warranty.
- Matrox limited warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of the hardware. We recommend that you visit our website for further details concerning the warranty.
The warranty does not apply to any damage which arises from:
- a. improper or inadequate maintenance;
- b. incompatibilities due to the userís hardware or software applications, including non-Matrox products, with or in which the Matrox Product interfaces;
- c. Product of a special or custom-made nature;
- d. unauthorized modification or misuse, including physical damage to the Product caused by the Customer;
- e. improper installation, abuse, misapplication or negligence;
- f. failure to follow instructions relating to Productís use;
- g. operation outside the Productís environmental specifications;
- h. improper site preparation or maintenance;
- i. software;
- j. service performed by anyone who is not a representative of Matrox;
- k. other causes that do not relate to a Product defect;
- l. defects or damage suffered as a result of force majeure (including theft);
- m. defects or damage suffered as a result of normal wear and tear, and/or
- n. stolen goods.
- Please refer to the warranty statement of your product for the details of the limitations and conditions.
- The warranty applies only to the original end-user purchaser and is non-transferable.
- A replacement product or part assumes the remaining warranty of the original product.
- Matrox shall at its sole discretion either repair or replace the defective product within a reasonable delay. All refurbished replacements are fully tested and have functionality at least equal to that of the product being replaced.
- Matrox does not offer refund or credit.
- You are welcome to place your RMA request online at https://rma.matrox.com. If for some reason, you are unable to complete the request online, we will provide a form for you to complete and return to us.
Some basic identification information is required such as: company name, contact name and email address, bill-to/ship-to address and phone number. The following information regarding the defective unit is mandatory for the issuance of the RMA number.
- Product part number
- Serial number
- Valid problem description
- You will receive your RMA by email within 24 business hours of requesting an RMA.
We can offer the following types of RMA depending on the product: Regular replacement, advanced replacement, or Repair.
- Regular replacement RMA: Matrox will ship a replacement once the defective unit has been received.
- Advanced replacement RMA: An advance replacement must be requested at the time of the RMA request. Providing that we have available stock, we will ship a replacement unit. A security deposit will be held against a credit card or a hard-copy purchase order (only on current active Matrox account holders). The security deposit will be forfeited if the defective unit is not returned within 30 days.
- Repair: Matrox will repair a defective unit and will return the exact same unit. In certain cases (i.e customer induced damage, old product, no replacement stock), Matrox will have no choice but to repair. The customer must wait for the repair to be completed.
NOTE: Failure Analysis: Should you wish for a Failure Analysis to be performed on your unit, it must be requested when placing your initial RMA request. Failure Analysis is not guaranteed; Matrox is at liberty to decide if the request is warranted or possible.
- The customer is responsible for the cost of returning the defective product to Matrox, and Matrox will incur the cost of return shipping products under warranty once the repair or replacement has taken place.
- Packaging: All items returned to Matrox must be properly packaged in order to prevent any physical damage during transit, including ESD protection (i.e. placed in an Electrostatic Discharge Protective Bag). Failure to comply will void the product warranty.
- Software, manuals, cables, adapters, or any other accessories should not be returned with your product unless it appears on the RMA issued to you, as they WILL NOT BE RETURNED AND/OR REPLACED.
NOTE: RMA returns must ship prepaid, PPD DAP, to the Matrox location specified on the RMA authorization document.
- Unauthorized returns and returns without a valid RMA number will be refused.
- Any return that Matrox determines to have customer induced damages (ie. shows misuse, missing components, burnt components or burnt printed circuit board, etc) will have the warranty voided and a fee will apply to repair or replace the product.
- All original serial number labels must be on the unit. Missing labels is considered as tampering and will void the warranty.
- Unauthorized opening of a Matrox product or system is considered as tampering and will void the warranty.
- Please refer to the product Warranty Statement for full details on the applicable limitations and conditions.
- Out-of-warranty service is at Matrox sole discretion.
- An out of warranty fee will apply to have the defective unit either repaired or replaced. The repaired or replacement unit carries an applicable reduced warranty.
- All shipping costs are assumed by the customer (to and from Matrox). The shipping fee must be paid upfront, or alternatively the customer may provide a carrier account number on which to ship the return.
- Failure analysis is not possible for OOW products.
- If the unit is determined to have No-Fault-Found (NFF), a minimum fee for material handling, inspection, and test will still be applied.
- If the unit cannot be repaired, and/or a replacement is not possible, the customer may choose to have Matrox scrap the unit on site or have the unit returned to them 'as-is' for a fee.
- All applicable fees (out-of-warranty, etc) will be communicated at the time of your request and are subject to change without notice.
- Payment must be made prior to the repair or replacement of the defective unit.
Payment can be made by the following as advised by RMA Customer Service at the time of your request:
- Purchase Order (PO) only if you have an active account with Matrox Ė must be approved
- Credit Card (not all credit card are accepted)
- Prepayment by wire transfer